Sunday, July 1, 2012

Just hint of health and beauty_31

Just a Hint of Health and Beauty

In the Beginning:

As far back as I can remember, my mum always told me to use the best cosmetics money could buy and for her that was Vichy skin care. Into my thirties I was fortunate enough to be able to start using the wonderful creams they make and have continued since then.

At last they now make a brilliant cream called Liftactiv Ha which is basically the stuff our skin loses when we age that keeps our skin's elasticity. Little is known about hyaluronic acid but it is purified in the umbilical cord and was roughly discovered in the 1940s.It has recently been used as an injectable on the same lines as Botox and some plastic surgeons believe it is better than Botox.

I have been using this cream now for several months and the difference is worth it! My under eye bags have nearly dissappeared and the elasticity of my eyes and face has improved dramatically - so much so I have stopped using some of the other wrinkle creams and still my skin continues to improve.health and beauty

They have an excellent acne cream called Normaderm which removes the purple red scarring left by acne and can be used successfully to remove the purple left by scarring on most wounds or burns - use in conjunction with Aloe Vera - excellent results!

I also take Efamol -skin (Evening Primrose)(menopause Efamol is also available) capsules as well as Maca and Silicea capsules (Given to people with alopecia and really makes your hair grow thick and fast as well as speeding up nail growth!) which helps to keep my skin young and healthy as well.There has been a lot of info out on the web recently about bio-indentical hormones and synthetic hormones as well as TV chat programs on the subject of menopause.

Bio-identical hormones seem to have the same attention as synthetic hormones and there is also a bit of doubt as to whether they are safe. I have chosen not to ever go down that road and have opted for the herbal/excercise route. I started taking Maca over a year ago and have never looked back.Sure I, like everyone else, have really bad days where I could sleep in bed forever but I have found that excercise is crucial for relieving the stress of muscular(particularily facial) and headache attacks (leg-magic!) Also, if the attack is bad I take one magnesium/calsium capsule and if it is really bad I resort to a 500mg paracetamol and early to bed! I love cappucino coffee but agree with the adage of one cup prevents a headache whereas two gives you one.One amazing tip I can give you which I picked up over the years is to help reduce redness, eye bags and has the ability to shrink the skin slightly. In the Uk Boots chemists sell a haemorrhoid (piles) treatment called Germoloids (see link below - great site) which is available in ointment and cream form. Germoloids is reputed to shrink the skin and it does actually that. I have found it invaluable over the years and would be lost without it. I use the cream form as it is non-oily on my under-eye area and as it has a de-congesting action reducing the puffiness dramatically and cooling the eye area as well. health and beauty Obviously avoid getting it in the eye and use regularily with your normal cosmetics - the results are marked!

Germoloids used together with witch hazel is great for dealing with redness or purple scarring caused by tiny broken blood vessels or injury and scarring but if your using it for facial redness be careful as some cosmetics are not compatible with witch hazel as I discovered with my Vichy creams (burning) though Germoloids is fine.Germoloids is the only quick acting and excellent treatment I know for chilblains as well - instantly relieves that nasty sensative itchyness because of it's anaesthetic property and within a week or two the chilblain is gone!. Another great treat for your skin is to stop the application of your normal cosmetics for about a week and just apply snail gel - let it dry then apply a thin layer of germoloid cream over it and a bit extra on the under eye area - do this twice a day and once or twice during the week, apply a layer of sweet almond oil over the lot, avoiding the under eye area (absorbtion of oils and the breakdown of elasticity of the skin in that area causes eye bags!).This gives your skin a break from the oiliness of the cosmetics and does wonders for any puffiness by tightening as well as letting your skin breathe! Try it! Works wonders for me.

If you have redness on say an arm you can soak a cottonwool pad with witch hazel and apply a fairly liberal amount of Germoloids covering with clingwrap and replacing this treatment every second day for approx three weeks and this will heal redness amazingly! health and beauty
My favourite and I feel most effective face pack is egg white whipped until stiff and after application - left on the face for as long as possible - 2-3 hours is fine then rinsed off with luke warm water. For a special treat follow the egg white face pack with an application of snail gel (magic stuff!) concentrating on the under eye area and when dry apply your make up - a real beauty boost if you're going out on a special occasion! So good for the skin too! Sounds gory but this really works! I from time to time also give my face and body a treat of Sweet Almond oil (also great for the hair!). This oil is reputed to lessen redness caused by spider veins and gives the skin a lovely glow. Coconut oil, sweet almond oil and Neem oil - all excellent for hair.I use Inecto with Pantene hair products and Henna Plus - the do a brilliant boost for your hair called Hairwonder Serum - in little red capsules - once a month and your hair together with the occasional treat of Inecto coconut oil serum and hair mask does wonders! Add a couple of drops of Neem hair oil to your conditioner and leave on under a plastic hair cap and towel after washing and you have a lovely treatment for difficult and dry curly hair.

Going into menopause has not been easy as many of you are aware and feeling fat and frumpy was definitely not on the agenda for me! I decided one day that I needed excercise - not because I was putting on weight due to the meno but just started feeling tired and really unfit. I invested in a "LegMagic" excercise machine as for me this seemed the most benign effortless and basic form of excercise ever invented! I've never been one for jogging or the gym and this idea seemed to suit me just fine! This little machine has now made me addicted to it. I noticed the difference after three days of doing just one minute per day. I decided not to follow the excercise program on the dvd as I've suffered a back injury way back and did not want to aggravate the problem.Well, just over a year later, my back problem has dissappeared and the "hit" I get just after excercise from adrenaline, helps deal with the muscular stress and headaches, menopause so gracefully gives us! I don't miss any excercises and if I am ill with flu or the like - which is rare - I make them up later when I'm feeling well again. I have designed my own upper body and facial (acupressure points) routine which has helped tighten up my underarm area, upper torso and boobs and breaks the monotony of now doing 5 minutes at a time. I have worked up to four sets of 5 minutes per day overperiod of a year and feel I can cope with this and to help with the odd hot flush have a fan on low setting whilst I do them. Keep a clock and list handy so you can maintain a record of how far you've come and you will feel you've achieved mountains as you tone and shape up as well as feeling so much fitter than ever before for so little physical input. (Oprah take note!) You will also get the chance of seeing your hips again accompanied by the re-appearance of your waist which I thought was never going to happen - what joy and I have even developed a six pack - actually it's a four pack - but who's counting!

Combine this excercise regime with a diet rich in fruit, veggies and all the good things for your health as well as Oolong tea (weight loss tea that doesn't upset your tummy and gives you energy) and you should be healthy and cope with your menopause much easier than you give yourself credit for!

Hair problems have hounded me most of my life. To start off with, I was blessed (cursed) with a head of thick curly (extremely) hair. I have managed to get it to fall out on several occasions due to using the wrong hair dye (incompatible) stress and vitamin overdosage! Joy! I heard once on an Oprah show ,I think, talk about not being able to colour and straighten hair as well - RUBBISH!! I use ceramic tongs and chemical free hair dye and have had no problems with hair fallout since I started this partnership. You must from time to time give your hair a rest from the cermics and also use a heat defence spray whilst using them.Tressemme make an excellent heat defence spray and use a good, simple -uncomplicated (not to heavy with the chemicals) shampoo and conditioner like Pantene and Inecto.I recently started using Dr.Hauschka Neem oil for hair and my hair has thickened up and strengthened beautifully. I apply Neem oil about 3 times a week and massage it well into the scalp and roots concentrating on the hairline. I have recently taken to putting a few drops of Neem hair oil in my conditioner and my husband's shampoo - he had a dreadful dandruff problem with that yeasty odour and this stuff has solved the problem. Apparently, it is caused by the candida fungus that causes nail fungus infection and this simple trick has solved his problem together with helping to thicken and condition his hair. Massage is essential for encouraging the blood circulation to the scalp and should be done at least once a day for at least 10 minutes a day - even 5 is sufficient enough.I use coconut oil and sweet almond oil on the rest of my hair when I notice it is getting a bit dry and Elvive anti-frizz serum when I'm using the tongs. To grow your hair really fast take Silicea tablets and your hair should really then be your crowning glory! If you, like me, have the misfortune of hair fallout Vichy do a program that will seriously help, but be patient, it takes about a year to regain your former glory - well worth the wait though. Castor oil is a really helpful tool in thickening up your hair in times of stress - massage into the roots when you can and especially into your hairline. health and beauty

I have recently changed my hair dye brand from the Henna plus semi-permanent dye to Herbatint and found the difference more suitable to my needs. No cloud of ammonia stinging your eyes during the process and the colour although at first was a little dark, within days settled down to the colour I wanted - no reaction with the previous dye brand and although a little pricey, I'm well satisfied with the results. I am naturally hazel or dark red and I used the dark blond colour that worked really well so I will change to this brand from now on

BREAKING NEWS:

I have been busy using tea tree oil in my natural nail cure and during research for this cure and other stuff found on a natural cure site I found three wonderful tips that I have adjusted slightly tried and found to work wonderfully! the first and most surprising is tea tree oil for skin tags - yes I didn't believe it when I read it but it works - I had a large flat grainy type one at the back of my shoulder from my bra strap rubbing over the years and within a day of using this stuff it literally dissolved away. I also have a rather more dense one from wearing chains around my neck and this is reducing too so this amazing tip does work - try it.A variation on this remedy is to use equal quantities of castor oil and baking soda but be careful as this tends to make your skin tags sensative to the point of painful - I am testing this remedy on one rather stubborn tag as a comparison to the tea tree oil and am finding it quite a strong contender! Age spots - bane of ones life - a reminder of growing older - not nice. I have tried the apple cider vinegar and castor oil trick but did not remove the age spots only left my skin very soft and smooth especially facially - worked wonders on the frown lines left the age spots intact though so now I'm trying the onion juice and apple cider vinegar treatment - way better results. Liquidise one or two medium size onions and squeeze the pulp through an oil filter then add an equal amount of apple cider vinegar (with the mother -sediment) and rub on 2 - 3 times per day. You get used to the delightful aroma of raw onion juice and use a strong (expensive) perfume to mask the smell when you go out! The third and rather unusual beauty tip is quite surprising as I've done a lot of research on the one ingredient and have come up with so many conflicting views that I just made up my own formula and am trying it out with no adverse effects but great improvements to report. Take equal quantities of castor oil, sweet almond oil and vaseline, place in a sterilzed (soak in bleach overnight) small bottle with a dropper ( leftover from essential oils will do fine) and gently warm over a candle flame for just a few seconds. Massage this oil mix into your eyelashes and watch them improve! A lot of posts on the web about castor oil on eyelashes say they fall out but I've been watching mine closely and this has not happened so monitor your eyelashes and don't worry about eye irritation as this stuff does not irritate - it seems to be very gentle and as I have the most sensative eyes on the planet I should know. Of course if it irritates then stop using it but I have had good results so far! Good Luck with these tips and really hope they work for you!

Choosing the right makeup brush set is crucial because each brush is made differently. To learn how to clean them after each use click here. Emma B, a well know beauty pro blogger brings you her finest tips and tricks that you can use daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment